Salary charged to sponsored research awards are considered allowable and routine in that documentation is submitted on the same schedule as standard Payroll Authorization Forms for permanent Dartmouth College staff.
• Payroll Authorization Forms are used to hire new employees, increase/reduce rate of pay, change employee's position classification and to terminate an employee.
• Payroll Authorization Forms need to be signed by a designated individual within the department and department's fiscal office before submitting to the appropriate finance center (OSP does not require the Finance Office to send them copies of PA's that involve PTA Accounts).
• If the department is moving retro salary transactions that involve a PTA Account, then a Wage Transfer Form needs to be filled out, along with a justification for moving the salary transactions that can be filled in the Comment Box Section of the Wage Transfer Form. The form must be signed and approved by:
• Once the Wage Transfer has been signed by the PI, Department Grant Manager or the Finance Center depending on the scenario, a PDF copy of the Wage Transfer can be emailed to the OSP Sponsored Research Manager to review and approve, the OSP Sponsored Research Manager would then email the fully approved PDF copy of the Wage Transfer onto the appropriate Finance Center for processing.
• If the Wage Transfer Form does not involve a PTA Account, the form does not need to be sent to OSP for their signature.
Please contact your schools Finance Center if you have specific payroll questions.
Last Updated: 8/6/12