From NSF's requirements. NSF states that a DMP 'may include' these items.
- Types of data
- The standards to be used for data and metadata - format and content
- Policies for Access & Sharing
- Policies and Provisions for re-use, re-distribution, and production of derivatives
- Plans for archiving/preservation
From the NSF Engineering Directorate's guidelines
- Expected Data "to be produced" in the course of the project.
- Period of data retention.
- Data formats and dissemination.
- Data storage and preservation of access. (describe physical and cyber and facilities resources)
From the Digital Curation Centre, UK
- Access, Data Sharing, Reuse
- Data Collection Methods
- Data Standards/Formats
- Short-term storage and data management
- Long-term preservation
- Compliance and review
From the British Geological Survey
- Data acquisition
- Quality Issues
- Data formats
- Data media
- Data backup policy
- Data licensing/policy
- Data copyright
- Longer term data management strategy