Art Acquisition Program
Classes of 1960 and 2010/Office of Residential Life Art Acquisition Program
Thanks to generous annual gifts from the Class of 1960, the Office of Residential Life is able to purchase works of art from senior art majors each year through the Student Art Acquisition Program. Approximately 15 pieces are selected and purchased each year; the pieces are then displayed in undergraduate residential spaces throughout campus. The program, initiated in 1991, recognizes and celebrates Dartmouth seniors and helps build a stronger sense of pride in our residential facilities by enhancing our common spaces with a variety of student artwork. Students enjoy and are inspired by artwork created by their peers. The name and class year of the artist appears on the plaque affixed to each piece of artwork.
To see the list of artists and to view photos of the artwork acquired over the life of the program, please go to the web gallery.
Graduating artists are celebrated annually at a reception marking the opening of the Senior Studio Art Majors' Exhibition.
- Emily Adams - "Willoughby" - house paint and burlap on plywood
- Danielle Baez - wood laser cut
- Lin Bo - "Studies II" - oil on wood
- William Bryant - "Dartmouth has a problem" - oil, acrylic, oil pastel and spray paint on plywood
- Eleanor Buckingham - "Untitled" - acrylic on canvas
- Alexandra Campbell - "Merging Battles" - pigment print
- Hanna Hoyt - "Population Growth Graph" - digital drawing
- Gray Kelsey - "Buddie's Beanie" - charcoal and acrylic on plywood
- Zachary Kowalski - "Experiments in Synchronicity" - plaster and graphite
- Madeline Kreher - "Symbiodinium" - collagraph
- Eunice Lee - "Melting Sideways" - Bristol paper and craft glue
- Alannah Linkhorn - "World laid bare" - ink on paper
- Olivia Martin - "Streaming" - oil on canvas
- Luca Molnar - "The Yellow Wallpaper" - oil on wood
- Ayda Ramadan - "Studies of Henna Pattern" - embossed paper
- Rebekah Riley - "Future Place" - oil on wood
- Matt Sturm - "Context Constructs" - digital prints
- Morgynn Wiley - "Spatial Lesson #9" - graphite on paper
- Sharon Zhang - Untitled - Sharpie on paper