Skip to main content

Room Draw FAQs

What if I want to live in a Social Organization?

You must appear on your house roster submitted to the Housing Office on April 17, 2015 and you must sign the GLOS Contract Rider (on Banner Student) by May 1, 2015. The housing coordinator will assign the spaces and provide our office with the room assignments and contracts. If you do not get a space in a social organization house and one becomes available later, you can change from your residence hall assignment to the house. There is no charge for this move as long as it occurs by the housing cancellation deadline for the term (July 22, 2015 for fall term).

What if my D-Plan changes?

If you select a room during room draw and your enrollment pattern changes from an “R” to an “L” after room draw is completed, we will cancel your assignment and notify you of the change. If you change your D-Plan to an “L” after the end of room draw and before July 22nd, a $250 housing cancellation fee will apply.  If you change your D-plan between July 22 and the start of Fall Term 2015 you will be charged the $500 housing cancellation fee. If your D-Plan changes from an “L” to an “R” after Room Draw, you should submit a Fall Waitlist Housing Application, available on BannerStudent starting May 11th.

What if I have a room for the fall, I’m off in the winter, but back on in the spring. Can I return to my fall term room when I come back in the spring?

The vacancy you create when you take a leave for the winter term will not be held for your spring return. If you have a roommate for the fall who is on in the winter and spring, and they pull-in a friend who is off in the spring, then your roommate can pull you back in when you return for the spring. For this to happen, you must apply for spring housing on BannerStudent and request the pull-in, there must be a spring vacancy in the room, and the remaining spring roommate must agree to pull you in by blitzing the Housing Office.  The spring housing application deadline is TBD 2016.

What if I’m looking for leave-term housing this fall?

We do not anticipate having the space available to house any leave term students this fall due to priority given to students enrolled in Hanover.  However, we will accept fall  leave term housing applications in case there are any spaces available after all waitlist students are housed in early August,   Students interested in pursuing this possibility should apply for housing using the BannerStudent application, which will be available starting May 11th.  The deadline for on-time applications is June 8, 2015.  If possible, leave term applicants will be housed after all on-time waitlist students.  Any resulting assignments will be posted on BannerStudent no earlier than mid-August.

What if my Off-Campus Program acceptance is pending?

As long as your D-Plan is still an “R” at the time of Room Draw, you can select a fall term room. If you are accepted to your Off-Campus Program, then your D-Plan will change and we will cancel your fall term housing. If you select a room with roommates, they will have the option of pulling in a friend.

What if my chosen roommate cancels his/her housing assignment?

If there is another student you would like to have as your roommate, you may request that he/she be assigned to your room. All parties must agree to this new assignment before it will be approved.  If you are not able to identify a new roommate, a student seeking fall housing will be assigned to the vacancy and you will be notified by blitz.

What if I want to change rooms after the fall term begins?

In order for any fall term room change to be approved, you must receive permission from the Director of Housing.

What if I miss my time slot  for Room Draw?

Once your time slot has opened up you can pick your room anytime until we close the portal on May 11, 2015.

What if I want to live in LLC Housing?

Application due date is Wednesday, April 8th.  Students may apply for up to 3 programs and will be accepted into only 1 program.  All LLCs have a commitment requirement.  Applying to one or more programs indicates that living in a LLC is your first choice housing.  Therefore any student accepted by April 30th must go through the LLC Room Draw process.  Students accepted into a LLC will not be eligible for other Room Draw processes.  LLC Room Draw is Wednesday, May 6th.

What if I’m off in the fall term and I am applying for winter housing.  There is no Room Draw for winter housing; how do I apply?

You would apply by using the web-based application, which can be found on BannerStudent. The deadline to apply for winter term housing is TBD. More information on winter and spring term housing can be found in the Upper Class Housing section of our site.

What if after I choose a room at Room Draw, I decide to live off-campus with some friends and cancel my room assignment. What happens?

If you cancel your housing after the end of room draw and before July 22nd, you will be charged a $250 cancellation fee.  Cancellations made after July 22nd will be charged the $500 housing cancellation fee.  Cancellations are not accepted once the residence halls have opened.  Those remaining in your room will likely be assigned new roommates.

What if I want to live with someone from a different class?

Students may select a room with a member of a different class, using the best number in the group to select a room.  This option is available to all students to live with their chosen roommate, not as a way to secure a better room.  Any such manipulation of the priority number system only hurts other students and is not tolerated.

What do I do on BannerStudent?

  • Apply for fall, summer, winter or spring housing
  • See your housing assignment information (including roommates, phone number, room information)
  • See your interim assignment informaiton (including the dates you are approve to be on campus)

Last Updated: 3/9/15