(click picture for video of construction)
The house professors and their families will live in a College residence within a short walk of their house community. Below are the names of the new communities and the groups of residence halls that make up each house. (The house community names may change in recognition of gifts to further enhance the house programs.)
- Allen House: Gile, Streeter, and Lord halls; Thayer School of Engineering Associate Professor Jane Hill will live in a residence being built on Allen Street.
- East Wheelock House: Andres, Zimmerman, McCulloch, and Morton halls; Associate Professor of Mathematics Sergi Elizalde will continue to live on East Wheelock Street.
- North Park House: Ripley, Woodward, and Smith halls; Associate Professor of Biological Sciences Ryan Calsbeek will live on North Park Street.
- School House: Massachusetts Row and Hitchcock Hall; Associate Professor of Mathematics Craig Sutton will live in a new residence being built on School Street.
- South House: Topliff, New Hampshire, and the Lodge; Professor of Sociology Kathryn Lively will live on Sanborn Street.
- West House: Fahey, McLane, Butterfield, and Russell Sage halls; Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy Ryan Hickox will live in a residence being built on Webster Avenue.
- Living Learning Communities: Dennis Washburn, the Jane and Raphael Bernstein Professor in Asian Studies, will live on Clement Road and will lead the living learning communities based in the McLaughlin Cluster and work closely with the eight academic affinity communities located in other buildings, such as the Chinese Language House, Sustainable Living Center, and LALACs House. All students in the living learning communities, which include the affinity communities, will also be assigned to one of the six house communities.