Alumni Gymnasium Renovation
The renovation of Alumni Gymnasium entailed the following work:
- Installation of a dehumidification system for the Karl Michael Pool
- Reconfiguration of some of the pool seating and coaching staff offices into a dividable 1,800 square-foot multi-purpose space, overlooking the Karl Michael Pool
- Installation of a four-stop elevator making all levels of Alumni Gym handicap accessible
- Creation of a 14,000 square-foot state-of-the-art fitness center for all Dartmouth students, staff, and community
- Installation of a new air conditioning system throughout all of Alumni Gym and the Manley Building
- Reconstruction of the roof over Alumni Gym and Manley
- Reconfiguration of the main entranceway into Alumni Gym from Wheelock Street to provide for ADA accessibility
- Creation of a new equipment distribution room and office along the corridor connecting Alumni Gym with the Berry Gym
- Fire sprinkler system throughout all of Alumni Gym and Manley
- Creation of three multi-purpose rooms in Manley. The two large rooms (3,500 square feet each) are equipped with an operable division wall to allow programming of five separate multi-purpose spaces in Manley.
Work was completed in August 2006, with the pool having been finished in November 2005, and the Fitness Center in April 2006.