Resources > Area Info
Local Business Directory
Created and maintained by the Hanover Area Chamber of Commerce, this business directory includes information on over 340 Chamber member businesses and organizations. Find information for restaurants, hotels, and more.
Directions From Boston (~2.5 hours):
- Take I-93 north to I-89 north at Concord, N.H.
- Get off I-89 at Exit 18 in Lebanon, N.H. onto Route 120. (A sign says that it is the exit for Dartmouth College.)
- Bear right off the exit, heading north on Rt.120 into Hanover.
- 4.1 miles from the exit, Rt. 120 forks at a traffic light.
- Bear right at the fork, following Rt. 120 one-half mile on South Park Street to the second traffic light.
- Turn left at the light, onto East Wheelock Street.
- Follow East Wheelock for two-tenths of a mile, when you will come to the Hopkins Center (left) and the Dartmouth Green (right).
Directions From Burlington, Vt. (~1.5 hours):
- Take I-89 south to I-91 north in White River Junction, Vt. See following description.
From New York (~5 hours), southern New England and points south:
- Take I-91 north to exit 13 at Norwich, Vt.
- Bear right off the exit, across the Ledyard Bridge spanning the Connecticut River.
- Continue up the hill (West Wheelock Street) to the top of the hill and to the traffic light in the center of town - nine-tenths of a mile from the interstate exit.
- To your left at the light is the Dartmouth Green; to your right is the Hanover Inn.
Lebanon (N.H.) Municipal Airport, 10 miles from the Dartmouth campus, is served by several daily flights from New York (LaGuardia), Boston (Logan) and Philadelphia International airports. Consult your travel agent for connection information. Manchester, N.H., Airport is 90 minutes south, with bus service to Hanover from Manchester.
Vermont Transit (802-295-3011) has several buses from various points arriving daily in White River Junction, Vt., with connections to the Dartmouth campus. Call for information. Dartmouth Mini Coach (603-448-2800) offers daily service between the Dartmouth campus and Boston's Logan Airport. Reservations are required; call for more information.