Title: Professor of Government
Office: 206 Silsby
Departmental Web Site: James Murphy
Medieval and Renaissance Courses Taught
- Government 63: Origins of Political Thought (Augustine and Aquinas)
- Government 61: Jurisprudence (Aquinas)
- Government 7: Utopia and its Critics (More)
Areas of Research Interest
Important and/or Recent and/or Major Publications
- "The Philosophy of Positive Law" (Yale 2005) has chapters on Aquinas and Hobbes.
- My current book project "The Philosophy of Customary Law" has a chapter on Suarez.