Title: Professor of English; Cheheyl Professor and Director of the Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning (DCAL)
Office: 102 Baker-Berry
Phone: 603 646 2655
Departmental Website: Tom Luxon/English
Medieval and Renaissance Courses Taught
- English 24: Shakespeare I
- English 28: Poetry and Prose of John Milton
- English 70: Advanced Seminar in Milton Studies
Areas of Research Interest
- 17th-C English Religion, Politics and Literature
- Jewish Studies
- Critical Theory
- Feminism, early modern and modern
- Single Imperfection: Milton, Marriage and Friendship. Pittsburgh, PA: Duquesne University Press, 2005.
- Literal Figures: Puritan Allegory and the Reformation Crisis in Representation. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1995.
- The John Milton Reading Room, an online edition of the complete poetry and major prose of John Milton. The Trustees of Dartmouth College, 1997-2009