Title: Assistant Professor of English
Office: 13 Sanborn House
Departmental website: Here
Medieval and Renaissance Courses Taught
- English 15: Shakespeare
- English 12: Verse
- English 60: Shakespeare in the Theater
Areas of Research Interest
16th and 17th Century Literature; Dramatic Literature of all Periods; Theory and Performance; Theater Directing
- ''Dwelling in doubtful joy': Macbeth and the Aesthetics of Disappointment,' Macbeth: Arden Critical Currents, ed. Ann Thompson (London: Methuen), forthcoming 2014.
- "Mirrors and Monarchs: Suggestive Presences and Shakespeare's Cast Size," in Shakespeare Embodied: Page, Stage, and Classroom in Shakespeare and his Contemporaries, ed. Kathryn Moncrief, Kate McPherson and Sarah Enloe (New Jersey: Fairleigh Dickinson University Press), forthcoming 2013.
- "Having it Both Ways in Juliet's 'Gallop apace' Speech" in Shakespeare Up Close, ed. Russ McDonald, Nicholas Nace and Travis Williams for Arden Shakespeare (London: Methuen), January, 2013.
- "Letting Unpleasantness Lie: Counter-intuition and Character in The Merchant of Venice," in Shakespeare's Sense of Character – On the Page and From the Stage, ed. Yu Jin Ko and Michael Shurgot, (Aldershot: Ashgate), December, 2012.