Carl B. Estabrook
Title: Associate Professor of History
Office: 207 Carson Hall
Departmental Web Site: Carl B. Estabrook
Medieval and Renaissance Courses Taught
- History 49: Early Modern England, 1485-1780
- History 96: Topics in British History
Areas of Research Interest
- Culture and society in the British Isles, c. 1450-1780
- English cathedral cities, c. 1450-1700
- Religious culture in the British Isles, c. 1450-1700
- Lay/clerical relations in the British Isles, c. 1450-1700
- Urban/rural interaction in the British Isles, c. 1450-1780
- Print culture in England, c. 1480-1730
- The British Atlantic world, c. 1480-1780
Important, Recent, and Major Publications
- Urbane and Rustic England: Cultural Ties and Social Spheres in the Provinces, 1660-1780.
- "Ritual, space and authority in seventeenth-century English cathedral cities," The Journal of Interdisciplinary History 32, No. 4 (Spring 2002).
- "In the Midst of ceremony: cathedral and community in seventeenth-century Wells," Amussen and Kishlansky, eds. Political Culture and Cultural Politics in Early Modern England.
- Book in progress: Cathedral and Community in England, 1580-1700.