Scholarly Communication, Copyright, and Publishing Program
The Scholarly Communication, Copyright, and Publishing Program provides information, consultation, resources and events focusing on the current issues and opportunities in digital publishing and scholarship. Topics include:
Our Scholarly Publishing & Communication Research Guide offers answers to questions about publishing, copyright and fair use, open access, the Dartmouth Faculty Open Access Policy and other special topics within scholarly communication. You can also visit our Scholarly Communication Lab blog for current news and updates.
How does Dartmouth College Library support scholarly publishing and communication?
- Consultation for authors in negotiating publication contracts for journal articles, books and educational materials.
- Dartmouth's amendment to the transfer of copyright contracts with publishers: The Library offers faculty and student authors an amendment to the standard publishing contract that helps authors retain more rights to use, reuse and post their own material. You can modify the WORD amendment to suit your need to retain rights to any kind of published work.
- Copyright consultation, including the uses of Creative Commons licenses.
- Dartmouth Open Access Publishing Fund: The Library helps fund the payment of Article Publication Charges (APCs) for fully open access journals.
- Support for an early career researcher to attend OpenCon, the student and early career researcher conference on open access, open education and open data.
Workshops and Events