Access Course Reserves
Did you know?
Reserve books may be taken anywhere after being checked out.
Just return them to the Reserve Desk prior to the due time!
Checking Out Materials:
- A valid Dartmouth College I.D. card must be presented when requesting course reserve material.
- A MAXIMUM OF THREE ITEMS CAN BE BORROWED AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
- Individual Professors choose the loan period for the materials - 2, 4 or 24 hours.
- Items charged out two or four hours (depending on the loan period) before closing or later, will be due at opening the following morning.
- Items due prior to closing and not returned on time will be charged overdue fees for the overnight hours.
- During term: $1.00 per hour, per item overdue.
- During reading period and exams: $5.00 per hour, per item overdue.
- Renewals must be done in person, with the course reserve material in hand, upon presentation of an I.D. card.
- NO RENEWALS BY PHONE or EMAIL.
- Course reserve material must be returned directly to the Baker Reserve Desk in the Lower Level of Baker or returned directly to the Library Desk where the materials were checked out.
- When the Reserve Desk is closed but the Library is still open, course reserve materials may be returned to the Circulation Desk.
- An After Hours Book Return Box is located at the bottom of the stairs in the Novack Cafe area of Berry for use when the Library is closed.
Lost or Missing Materials:
- Notify the Reserve Services Desk staff immediately in order to stop fine accrual.