About & Help
Frequently Asked Questions
What can be requested through Borrow Direct?
- Books, scores and media not owned by the Dartmouth College Library.
- Books, scores and media that are currently unavailable, i.e. charged out, missing, at the bindery, etc.
- Books, scores and media that normally circulate from our partners' collections.
What cannot be requested through Borrow Direct?
- Items currently AVAILABLE in the library catalog.
- Journals, magazines, newspapers and other serial publications.
- Non-circulating material, e.g. Reference books, rare books, and archival material.
How do I manage my account?
- Books are found under the Borrow Direct "My account" link once you have logged on.
- Books are renewable one week before it is due through your Dartmouth College library account for a 6 week renewal.
When will the item arrive?
- Most items will be available for pick-up at your designated location within 4 working days of the date you placed the request.
- Books will be held for 1 week only for pick up- any book not picked up in 1 week will be returned to the lending library.
What is the loan period for Borrow Direct items?
- Usually 42 days ( 6 weeks) with one option of a 42 day (6 weeks) renewal.
- All items are subject to recall by the owning library.
Where are books returned?
- Return Borrow Direct material to any of the designated pick-up libraries of Dartmouth College.
- Return material by the due date or if requested by the Borrow Direct staff.
What about material not available from Borrow Direct?
- Use DartDoc (Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan) to acquire other material.
- If you do not have a current account, please register on the DartDoc home page.
- If you have forgotten your logon or password please contact the DartDoc office and we will gladly reset it for you.
Last Updated: 1/17/17