Media Course Reserves
All items may be viewed in Jones Media Center, located on the second floor of Berry Library. Some titles may also be available online, either through library subscriptions or streamed at the request of the instructor.
Two ways to access films online:
Films streamed by Jones Media Center are in Canvas
- Log on to Canvas and select your course.
- Select the Course Media Gallery link in the left sidebar.
- Select the image for the film you wish to view. A player will open for the film, providing controls for full-screen viewing, play, fast forward, etc.
Other films are available in the Library Catalog
Some videos are available via online collections that the Library subscribes to.
- Search for the film by title in the Library Catalog. Click the entry and then follow the link to Streaming Video.
- Select the film from the Reserves list for the course. This list also includes hard copies (DVD and VHS), which can be viewed in the media center.
- Please submit request forms before the start of the upcoming term, as soon as the syllabus has been determined.
- To order new titles for the library collection, please contact your subject specialist.
- Materials remain on reserve for the duration of the term, through the last day of final exams.
- Faculty may grant permission for another professor to use their reserve items by sending a brief note to: Jones.Media.Center@dartmouth.edu
- Online access (streaming)
- Items that are required viewing assignments may be requested for online (streaming) access. To expedite access for the 120+ courses that we support each term, we will prioritize the first 10 items on each list. Additional items may take more time to process.
- Items posted online must be owned by Dartmouth College Library or a College department.