Welcome to the Jones Media Center!
News & Events
Open House for Faculty & Administrators
Friday, September 25
12:00 - 3:00pm
Join us for a tour of the newly renovated center and an opportunity to use some of the new facilities and equipment, including the Innovation Studio, Video Editing Rooms, and Living Room.
Refreshments will be served.
Jones Media Center has reopened!
The Jones Media Center has completed the renovation project that began in December 2014. The renovated space features:
- nearly twice the amount of seating
- more areas for collaborative multimedia project work
- casual seating areas
- semi-private viewing and project rooms [some are still coming online]
- standing height workstations
- an Innovation Studio — a multi-purpose, reconfigurable teaching, learning, and production facility.
How can we help you today?
Searching for course reserve videos?
Course Reserves: Find your course reserves through a simple search of course number or faculty name.
Looking for something to watch?
- Use the search box at the top of this page, OR
- Media Collections: More tools and resources to find what you're looking for.
Resources for Faculty
- Course Reserves: Information about course reserves and forms to request reserves for the current or upcoming term.
- Media Projects at Dartmouth: Find advice and view past course projects
- Multimedia Resources Guide: A wealth of information for you and your students, prepared by Susan Simon, Media Learning Technologist, and Sarah Tischer Scully, Media Services Librarian.
Need a space to work or study? Learn more about our Facilities.
- Multimedia Workstations: 20 iMac workstations with an array of equipment and multimedia software tools. Nine external monitors offer more real estate for your work when plugged into your laptop.
- Editing Rooms: Two editing rooms offer a semi-private space where 2-3 people can work on video editing and media transfer projects.
- Collaboration Station: This workstation offers a place for a group of 4-6 people to work together with a shared screen, using laptops or mobile devices.
- Collaboration Room: This room features the same equipment as the Collaboration Station, but with a bit more privacy and sound isolation. (Reserve)
- Living Room Enjoy viewing a film with friends, or play a game. The Living Room features a large screen, surround sound audio, a Blu-ray disc player, and 4 gaming consoles (PC, PS4, Xbox One, and WiiU). (Reserve)
- Whisper Room: Need a quiet place to record a voiceover, a presentation, or screencast? The WhisperRoom is a sound isolation recording booth to meet your needs. (Reserve)
- Innovation Studio: This new space transforms easily between a teaching and presentation space, and a small black-box filming studio. The Innovation Studio features an 8-screen video wall for greater impact and multi-source viewing. (Reserve)
Starting a new multimedia project?
- Standard A/V Equipment: Find out what equipment we have available to borrow for free, anytime we are open.
- Professional A/V Equipment: Ready to step up to professional audio and video equipment? See what's available and learn how you can get training to unlock access to our professional equipment.
- Software: Our lab machines feature the latest software for your media projects. Learn more.
Need help or training?
- Our Quick Reference Tutorials provide step-by-step instructions for frequently asked technical questions.
- Technical Services: Learn more about media transfer, post-production, and media duplication services.
- A/V Consulting: Need professional advice or training? Contact us!.