Welcome to the Jones Media Center!
News & Events
Jones Media Center has reopened!
The Jones Media Center has completed the renovation project that began in December 2014. The renovated space features:
- nearly twice the amount of seating
- more areas for collaborative multimedia project work
- casual seating areas
- semi-private viewing and project rooms [some are still coming online]
- standing height workstations
- an Innovation Studio — a multi-purpose, reconfigurable teaching, learning, and production facility.
Innovation, Collaboration, and Recreation
How can we help you today?
Looking for videos?
- Course Reserves: Find assigned videos with a simple search of course number or faculty name
- To locate other videos, use the search box at the top of this page, OR
- Browse media collections: By genre, language, and recent acquisitions
Resources for Faculty
Need a place to work or study? Learn more about our Spaces.
- Multimedia Workstations: 20 iMac workstations with an array of equipment and multimedia software tools. Nine external monitors offer more real estate for your work when plugged into your laptop.
- Editing Rooms: Two editing rooms offer a semi-private space where 2-3 people can work on video editing and media transfer projects.
- Collaboration Station: This workstation offers a place for a group of 4-6 people to work together with a shared screen, using laptops or mobile devices.
- Collaboration Room: This room features the same equipment as the Collaboration Station, but with a bit more privacy and sound isolation. (Reserve)
- Living Room Enjoy viewing a film with friends, or play a game. The Living Room features a large screen, surround sound audio, a Blu-ray disc player, and 4 gaming consoles (PC, PS4, Xbox One, and WiiU). (Reserve)
- Whisper Room: Need a quiet place to record a voiceover, a presentation, or screencast? The WhisperRoom is a sound isolation recording booth to meet your needs. (Reserve)
- Innovation Studio: This new space transforms easily between a teaching and presentation space, and a small black-box filming studio. The Innovation Studio features an 8-screen video wall for greater impact and multi-source viewing. (Reserve)
Starting a new multimedia project?
- Standard A/V Equipment: Find out what equipment we have available to borrow for free, anytime we are open.
- Professional A/V Equipment: Ready to step up to professional audio and video equipment? See what's available and learn how you can get training to unlock access to our professional equipment.
- Software: Our lab machines feature the latest software for your media projects. Learn more.
Need help or training?
- Our Quick Reference Tutorials provide step-by-step instructions for frequently asked technical questions.
- Technical Services: Learn more about media transfer, post-production, and media duplication services.
- A/V Consulting: Need professional advice or training? Contact us!.