These publications represent a selection of current scholarship on teaching students about library research and the scholarly process (often known in the field of library science as "information literacy"). Many of these articles and chapters emphasize collaborations between librarians and faculty. Links, when provided, are to electronic versions of articles (Dartmouth users only) and to records from the Dartmouth library catalog.
- Albitz, Rebecca S. " The What and Who of Information Literacy Instruction." Portal: Libraries and the Academy 7.1 (2007 Jan): 97-109.
- Braun, M. J. and Sarah Prineas. "First-Year Composition as an Introduction to Academic Discourse." 570-82 in Roen, Duane, et al, eds. Strategies for Teaching First-Year Composition. Urbana, IL: National Council of Teachers of English, 2002.
- Elmborg, James K. " Information Literacy and Writing across the Curriculum: Sharing the Vision." Reference Services Review 31.1 (2003): 68-80.
- Ford, Madeline, and Clay Williams. "Research and Writing in Sociology: A Collaboration between Classroom Instructor and Librarian." Public Services Quarterly 1.3 (2002): 37-49.
- Hall, Jonathan. "Plagiarism across the Curriculum: How Academic Communities Can Meet the Challenge of the Undocumented Writer." Across the Disciplines 2 (9 Feb 2005), n.pag. Dartmouth College. 5 Nov. 2006. <http://wac.colostate.edu/atd/articles/hall2005.cfm>.
- Leckie, Gloria J. " Desperately Seeking Citations: Uncovering Faculty Assumptions about the Undergraduate Research Process." Journal of Academic Librarianship 22.3 (1996 May): 201-208.
- Melzer, Daniel, and Pavel Zemliansky. "Research Writing in First-Year Composition and across Disciplines: Assignments, Attitudes, and Student Performance." Kairos: A Journal for Teachers of Writing and Webbed Environments 8.1 (2003 Spring): n. pag. Dartmouth College. 30 July 2007. <http://kairos.technorhetoric.net/8.1/features/melzer/kairosfront.htm>.
- Norgaard, Rolf. "Writing Information Literacy: Contributions to a Concept." Reference and User Services Quarterly 43.2 (2003 Winter): 124-30.
- Norgaard, Rolf. "Writing Information Literacy in the Classroom: Pedagogical Enactments and Implications." Reference and User Services Quarterly 43.3 (2004 Spring): 220-26.
- Reed, Shannon L. and Kirilka Stavreva. "Layering Knowledge: Information Literacy as Critical Thinking in the Literature Classroom." Pedagogy: Critical Approaches to Teaching Language, Literature, Culture, and Composition 6.3 (2006 Fall): 435-52.