Library Account Login
How to access your library account
Dartmouth Faculty, Staff and Students
Click on "Account Login: Dartmouth Faculty, Staff and Students" on any Library Catalog page.
Back to Top
DHMC, Guest & Affiliated Borrowers
You can access your library account from any computer using the following steps:
- Click on the "Account Login for DHMC, Guest & Affiliated Borrowers" in the right column of any Library Catalog page.
- Enter your name as it appears on your Dartmouth ID, DHMC ID, or Library Card.
- If you have a Guest Library Card, enter the barcode number with no spaces. If you have a Dartmouth College Library barcode on the back of your DHMC id, enter the 14-digit number with no spaces. If you have not yet registered for library privileges, visit the Baker-Berry Library (guest borrowers, affiliated users) or Matthews-Fuller Library (DHMC).
- Enter your four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- If this is the first time you are using the Account Login feature, you will need to create a PIN. Do this by leaving the PIN box blank. You'll be prompted to create a PIN after you click the "Submit" button.
If you get an error message, "Sorry, the information you submitted was invalid. Please try again," it means that you either entered your name or ID information incorrectly, or you already have a PIN but have forgotten it. If you are certain that you have entered your name and ID number correctly, use the "Forgot your PIN?" link to reset your PIN.
- If you have forgotten your PIN, please click on the link, "Forgot your PIN?" and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
Back to Top
It is important to log out after you are finished using the library catalog. Failure to do so could jeopardize the privacy of your library account, especially if you are using a public computer. By logging out you are ensured that your identity is not left behind for another person to use.
- First, use the button to completely log out of the library catalog system.
- Then, please exit your web browser when you are finished accessing other resources. To exit, go to the File menu of your Web browser and choose Exit, Close or Quit. Just closing the active browser window will not always quit the browser application.
- Your library catalog session, if left active and logged in, will automatically log off after one hour of inactivity.
About your library account
Accessing your library account allows you to:
- View and renew items checked out to you.
- Keep track of books you have from Borrow Direct or DartDoc with due dates.
- Create, change or reset your PIN (Personal Identification Number).
- Choose your method of receiving library notifications.
- Review the status of items you have recalled or requested.
- Access online Course Reserve items.
- Create and manage saved searches and alerts.
- View your library fines.
- Request items from the Storage Library & Matthews-Fuller Health Sciences Library (all users) or from other campus libraries (faculty & staff).
The help I need isn't here...
Please contact a Circulation Desk for assistance with the problem you're having.
Back to Top