Recalling Items (Students & Registered Borrowers)
About Recalls & Holds
If an item is checked out to another person, you can recall it and have it held for you at any Circulation Desk in the Dartmouth College Library.
The library will notify the borrower on the following day that this item now has a new, earlier, due date. Generally, the borrower has 5 days to return a recalled item. Once it has been returned, we will email you a Hold Pick-up Notice.
Please note that each borrower is entitled to keep an item for a minimum amount of time, calculated from the original check out date, before it is eligible for recall. Books can be kept a minimum of 14 days, while journals can be kept a minimum of 1 day. This "minimum use" period may delay the return of a recalled item accordingly. The only exception to this rule is that the Reserve Desk may recall an item immediately for Reserve Reading purposes.
For Dartmouth students BorrowDirect is an alternative method for getting another copy of a checked out item.
How to recall an item by e-mail
When you find an item in the catalog that is charged out to another person and you want to recall it:
- Copy the item to the clipboard of your computer.
- Paste the citation into an E-mail message addressed to Baker.Circulation@Dartmouth.EDU
- Include a note specifying the Circulation Desk where you want the item held.
- If there is a date after which the item is no longer wanted, please include this information.
- Send the message. When the item is ready for pickup, the Library will notify you by e-mail.
How to recall an item by telephone
When you find an item in the catalog that that is checked out to another person and you want to recall it:
- Call any Circulation Desk.
- Tell the person the name of the item you would like to recall.
- Specify the Circulation Desk where you want the item held for you.
- Please indicate if there is a date after which the item is no longer wanted.
- When the item is ready for pickup, the Library will notify you by e-mail.
How to recall an item in person
When you find an item in the catalog that that is charged out to another person and you want to recall it:
- Go to any Circulation Desk
- Fill out a Recall form.
- Give the form to the Circulation Desk staff. When the item is ready for pickup, the Library will notify you by e-mail.
Reviewing & Canceling Recalls
- If not already logged in click on the appropriate link under the Library Accounts menu in the green banner, right side.
More information about logging in can be found on the "How to access your library account" help page.
If already logged in, click on the "Back to Account" button at the top of any Library Catalog page.
- When at your Library Account page, click on the "Manage your account" button and then the " " link.
- You will see a list of all your hold requests.
- To cancel an item you recalled, mark the check box and click the "Cancel Marked" button.
When you view your holds, you will see the title, status and cancel date of holds and recalls that you have placed. Material can have the following status:
- Ready for Pickup - This item waiting for you at the library designated in the Pickup Location column.
- In Transit - This item is being sent to the library designated in the Pickup Location column.
- # of # Holds (e.g., "2 of 3 Holds") - First number indicates your place in the hold queue, second number the total number of holds in the queue.
It is important to log out after you are finished using the library catalog. Failure to do so could jeopardize the privacy of your library account if you are using a public computer.
The help I need isn't here...
Please contact a Circulation Desk for assistance with the problem you're having.