About The Program
The DCLSA provides scholarships to eligible Dartmouth College Library employees for a wide variety of educational and other self-improvement activities.
These activities may include academic, athletic, and other enrichment activities, including but not limited to:
- Academic classes, seminars or workshops -- through Dartmouth College, or another college or academic institution (including text book fees).
- Health and fitness activities:
- FLIP classes
- Gym memberships
- Weight Watchers
- Swim passes
- Yoga, Tai Chi, and dance classes
- Enrichment activities including:
- Art classes (through an organized institution)
- Music classes (through an organized institution)
- King Arthur Baking Co. courses/workshops
- Other activities, if you are unsure please ask.
In return for scholarships, recipients will be expected to contribute time and talents to making DCLSA as an organization prosper. Activities to give back to the DCLSA might include helping clean up at the Holiday Party, serving as a departmental liaison, becoming a board member, or volunteering to help at the Craft Fair.
Guidelines For Applying
- Application shall be open to all full-time or part-time permanent employees of the library with at least one year of continuous service in the Dartmouth College library system.
- Applicants shall receive tuition and/or cost of course materials up to a maximum of forty dollars ($40) for classes attended.
- Classes or memberships that exceed the forty dollars ($40) maximum and extend over 2 or more terms may be submitted for up to 3 scholarships in one academic year, but reimbursement amount shall not exceed the maximum scholarship amount for any given year ($120). Scholarships awarded shall reflect the number of terms covered by the class or membership.
- A copy of a canceled check or receipt of payment of tuition or course materials must be in hand before scholarship aid can be awarded.
- Those who have not previously received scholarship aid will be given first priority.
- Scholarships will be limited to one (1) per term, three (3) per employee per academic year (July 1st-June 30th).
- Scholarships for the previous year's classes must be submitted no later than June 15th, to be considered for that academic year.
- Staff members who receive scholarship aid will be expected to serve on the on the DCLSA board for a term, participate in making a DCLSA event possible, or helping with a fund raising activity.
How To Apply
- Carefully and completely read the guidelines for applying.
- Print out the Application Form.
- Read and fill out the application.
- Send application with proof of payment attached to Tracey Dugdale (HB 6025).
Additional Dartmouth College Scholarship Information
The Office of Human Resources administers the Tuition Benefits plans at Dartmouth College. Dartmouth encourages employees to increase their knowledge and skills by taking courses toward completion of a degree or to enhance their knowledge of a particular subject area. The College supports these educational activities through the Tuition Assistance Program and Grant-In-Aid. For a full description of these procedures and eligibility requirements, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 603-646-3411