Skip to main content

Dartmouth Compliance and Ethics Hotline

Dartmouth College is committed to an environment where all Dartmouth community members are encouraged to report any suspected violations of law or Dartmouth policy without fear of retaliation.
Dartmouth has contracted with an independent third party (EthicsPoint) to serve as the point of intake for receiving complaints and concerns. This service supplements existing offices on campus that help register such concerns, including such issues as academic and research misconduct, child abuse, financial misconduct, sexual assault or abuse, or confidentiality concerns.

We have prepared an FAQ document that provides additional information on this process.
Click here to report any activities that you believe may involve violations of law or Dartmouth policy.

Home >

Referrals for Personal Legal Services

The Office of the General Counsel is responsible for serving the legal needs of the College as an institution, including individual Dartmouth faculty and staff acting in their official capacities. The Office does not represent individual faculty or staff members, administrators, or students in personal legal matters outside the scope of their business as College officials.

From time to time, members of the College community need personal legal advice or representation. The Office of the General Counsel is familiar with the legal resources available in the Upper Valley area, and has prepared the following listing for the convenience of the College community. In addition, the Dartmouth Faculty/Employee Assistance Program maintains a list of local attorneys in both New Hampshire and Vermont. Some of these attorneys offer free initial consultations. For more information, please call the Faculty/Employee Assistance program at 646-1165. For students who may require legal representation, the Dean of the College's Office maintains a list of names and telephone numbers of local attorneys. To obtain this list, please contact Laurie Welch at 646-3482 or refer to the list on the Office of Judicial Affairs web page at http//

Except to identify outside attorneys who may be available to provide such services, the College plays no role in the engagement. The individual must make his or her own arrangements, including fee arrangements, with the outside attorney.

Last Updated: 7/28/09