You see a table scribbled with graffiti. What do you make of it? What might you add?
- Love life more than its meaning (231).
- Am I my brother’s keeper? (231.)
- Seek happiness in sorrow (77.)
- There is no virtue if there is no immortality (70).
- A socialist Christian is more dangerous than a socialist atheist (67).
- I am afraid of my sin (51).
- A man cannot commit a sin that would exhaust God’s boundless love (52).
- Above all, do not be ashamed of yourself, for that is the cause of everything (43).
- Evildoing is the most necessary and most intelligent solution for every godless person (69).
- What is hell? The suffering of being no longer able to love (322).
- I’m not a scoundrel, I’m broad natured (135).
- Man is broad, too broad; I would narrow him down (108).
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. (John 12:24, also the epigraph; 285; 309).