IGD engages students in authentic conversations about issues of identity, diversity, and inequity.
With our mission in mind, IGD seeks to contribute to a safe and inclusive Dartmouth community by
- Increasing participants' personal and social awareness with regard to identity and difference
- Enhancing participants' communication and conflict exploration skills
- Developing participants' propensity for perspective taking and complex thinking
- Creating an intentional educational opportunity for intergroup coalition building
- Fostering greater campus commitment to social responsibility and action