The goal of integrating the use of VoiceThread into the Intensive Portuguese course is three fold:
- Increase opportunities for student practice of pronunciation and intonation.
- Foster students’ awareness about pronunciation and intonation.
- Provide opportunities for the instructor to provide more precise and individual feedback to students outside the classroom.
VoiceThread is a Web 2.0 tool that facilitates online group conversations around media and text. As part of the course assignments, students contributed written and oral submissions based upon various stimuli including self-portraits/images, songs and poetry.
- Course: PORT 001 Intensive Portuguese I (SP11)
- Tool: VoiceThread
- Resources: VoiceThread LibGuide
- Faculty: Carlos Cortez Minchillo
- Instructional Designer: Amanda Albright
Feedback: On the course evaluation, students reported enjoying the VoiceThread assignments. Months after the course, students note that they still consider the VoiceThread based assignments useful.