Overview: Develop a method for: 1) keeping the online Human Anatomy Learning Modules site uniform in appearance; 2) reducing the amount of time required to add/modify content; 3) making the site mobile device friendly.
Approach: The following site enhancements and support tools were created for this project:
- A master CSS3 sheet was developed for the site
- HTML 5 master templates developed for site content
- Table based style elements were removed and replaced with structural tags, divisions and pseudo-classes
All design materials and sample files were turned over to the department and training on how to use the new tool set was provided to the site owner.
- Target Population: Medical students at Dartmouth and beyond
- Tools: Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop
- Faculty/Site Owner: Virginia Lyons
- Instructional Designers: JoAnn Gonzalez-Major