You have the option of selecting one of three plans through Cigna Health Insurance:
• High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) - A $2,500 deductible health plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) eligibility.
• Open Access Plan 1 (OAP1) - A $250 deductible plan.
• Open Access Plan 2 (OAP2) - A $500 deductible plan.
The cost of your medical insurance is determined by your benefit plan and you should refer to the Enrollment Booklet for more information on the costs associated with this coverage:
DartFlex and Union employees may also use the online Employee Medical Plan Cost Estimator to help determine the cost of medical insurance.
With the implementation of the Health Care Reform Bill, preventive care services are available to you at no cost (i.e. no co-pay, deductible, or coinsurance). The United States government has determined the list of preventive care services and further information is available at the links below:
Pre-certification is the process of determining in advance whether a procedure, treatment or service will be covered under your health care plan. It also helps ensure you get the right care in the right setting – potentially saving you from costly and unnecessary services. Click here to learn more about Cigna's Pre-certification process.
Transition of care coverage allows you to continue to receive services for specified medical and behavioral conditions for a defined period of time with health care professionals who do not participate in the Cigna network until the safe transfer of care to a participating doctor or facility can be arranged.
You must apply for Transition of Care at enrollment, or change in Cigna medical plan, but no later than 30 days after the effective date of your coverage. Click here for more information and to submit a request for Cigna's Transition of Care Coverage.
As part of the preventative care services under your Dartmouth College medical insurance plan (OAP1, OAP2 or HDHP), each covered member of your family receives one eye exam per year at no cost. (i.e. no co-pay, deductible, or coinsurance).
Corrective lenses (ex. glasses or contact lenses) are not covered. However, a $50 hardware reimbursement toward the cost of frames, lenses and contacts is offered to members of the Open Access Plan 1.
• Types of Vision Providers - Learn the difference between screenings, regular eye care and medical eye care.
• Routine Eye Care Providers - For the most up-to-date list of Routine Eye Care Providers in your area; select "Find a Cigna Vision Eye Care Professional", then enter your location.
• Medical Eye Care Providers - For the most up-to-date list of Medical Eye Care Providers; click the orange "Find a Doctor" button at the top of the page, then click on "Eye Doctor".
• Vision Discounts
Healthy Rewards - Cigna's Vision Network Savings Program
Delta Dental's Vision Discount Program - If you are enrolled in the dental plan, you may also be eligible for vision discounts.Top of page
When you enroll in one of Dartmouth's medical insurance plans, you have the option of submitting for up to $200 in reimbursement as part of the Fitness Reimbursement Program.
An Infertility Reimbursement is available for expenses not covered by your medical plan. Details on the program are available here. It is recommended that you contact Cigna prior to submitting for reimbursement to find out what benefits are covered by your medical plan.
• Retirees under age 65 may elect from the Open Access Plan 1 (OAP1) the Open Access Plan 2 (OAP2) or the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and may eligible for some of the benefits outlined on this page.
• Retirees age 65 and over may elect the Dartmouth College Medicare Supplement (DCMS) Plan. Click here for more information on the DCMS plan.
If you are new to the area, or new to Cigna, you may need assistance finding a healthcare provider. There are a number of ways that may assist you in doing this:
• Contact Cigna
• Visit Cigna's Website and choose "Find A Doctor", or click here for instructions on how to find a doctor in the Cigna Open Access Plus Carelink (OAPC) network.
• Visit Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center's Find A Doctor website or call the Provider Finder line at (603) 653-3211
• Consult with your friends, co-workers or family in the area, who may be able to recommend a provider.
In your search for a provider, you should remember to ask the following:
• Are you a Cigna Participating Provider? (i.e. in the Cigna Network?)
• Are you accepting new patients?
When you seek services, Cigna may send you a document called an Explanation of Benefits (EOBs). This is not a bill for services. This document may assist you in understanding how to read your Explanation of Benefits. If you have further questions, you should contact Cigna. For guidance on how to read your Explanation of Benefits (EOB's) please click here.Top of page
All forms can be found on the Human Resources website in the Forms section.Top of page
The following list of resources may be beneficial to some employees:
The following are links to Cigna Educational Sessions that Cigna has conducted in 2013.
Customer Service: 1-800-244-6224
Send Claims To: PO Box 182223, Chattanooga, TN 37422-7223
MyCigna Mobile App: Get the App Here
For questions on enrolling in medical insurance or making changes to your medical insurance:
Phone: (603) 646-3588
Fax: (604) 646-1108
Mailing Address: Office of Human Resources Office 6042, 7 Lebanon Street, Suite 203, Hanover, NH 03755
For questions on your membership, coverage, or to request new ID cards, you should contact Cigna directly
Last Updated: 10/3/13