Skip to main content



Account Login:


Money you save from your paycheck goes into your Health Savings Account (HSA) tax-fee and lowers your taxable income.  Use those pre-tax savings for qualified medical expenses and what you don't use, you can save from year to year.



For more information, check out these informational flyers:




All benefits eligible employees who elect the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) in 2017, and are NOT enrolled in any other type of health plan, recognized by the IRS as non-qualified HDHP coverage (i.e. Dartmouth Health Connect, Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, a health care flexible spending account (HCFSA), state exchange program, parent's or spouse's plan, etc).  J Visa holders are not allowed to participate in the HDHP, therefore are not eligible to receive employer contributions or make contributions to an HSA plan.  Research Fellows are not eligible to participate in the Health Savings Account.

Covered Dependents

Your HSA dollars may be used to pay health care expenses for all IRS tax dependents.

Eligible Expenses

You may use your Health Care FSA dollars to pay for a wide variety of expenses including your medical co-payments, deductibles, coinsurance, prescription drug costs, dental costs, eye care and much more. Fidelity provides a sample list of eligible health care expenses. You may also view IRS publication 502 and 969 for more information.



Depending on the health plan you choose in 2017, Dartmouth College may make a contribution into a Health Savings Account in your name.  Click the button below to see how much Dartmouth will contribute into a Health Savings Account in 2017, if eligible:




Depending on the health plan you choose in 2017, you too may be eligible to may make contributions into a Health Savings Account. This is money that you put aside, each pay period on a pre-tax basis, that you later use to pay for eligible medical expenses. Click the button below to see how much you can contribute into a Health Savings Account in 2017, if eligible:




You may expect the following as part of the HSA enrollment process:

  • Elect the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with HSA through FlexOnline.
  • Once you make your election, your enrollment will then be processed by the Benefits Office and Fidelity Investments.
  • You will be contacted by the Benefits office and asked to open an account through NOTE:  Until you open an account with Fidelity, you will not be eligible to make or receive employer contributions in your HSA.
  • Once your account is opened, notify the Benefits office of your enrollment at or by phone at (603) 646-3588.
  • Your annual contribution amount will then be divided evenly over the remaining pay periods in the calendar year (please keep this in mind when electing large amounts at year end). These deductions are pre-tax.

It is important to know that each year, at Open Enrollment time, you will need to log in to the FlexOnline system and make your annual election to the HSA. IRS regulations do not allow us to "assume" that you want the same election amount next year.




For questions on your Account or how you plan works, please contact Fidelity at: 



For questions on enrolling in a Health Savings Account or making changes to your HSA, please contact the Benefits Office at:


Last Updated: 8/8/17