News for all Dartmouth’s Jews
Events and Announcements (see details below):
- Bagel Brunch this coming Sunday
- Sign Up for Cooking for Friday Night Dinners at Hillel
- Hillel’s Events on the Horizon
Reminder of Weekly Events in the JEWNIVERSE:
On Monday, May 14th:
- Note: We are changing the regular schedule for weekly Board meetings and General meetings this week and next week Green Corps.
- From 6:00 – 6:30, we will have our weekly executive meetings at Hillel. We will not be having our weekly general meeting this week and next week, so you are encouraged instead to sign up for Green Corps calling on Monday nights!
On Wednesday, May 16th:
- Jews and Java from 3-5pm in town at the Dartmouth Bookstore
On Thursday, May 17th:
- @ 6pm Jew Crew Meeting at the Roth Center.
- @ 8pm “Guide to the Perplexed” at the Roth Center with Rabbi. Interested? Come to find out more! New people welcome!
On Friday, May 18th:
- @ 6pm Friday night services will be led by Asher Mayerson.
- @7pm Friday night dinner cooked by Nick Parillo and friends, who will be making another FEAST FOR THE AGES.
On Sunday, May 20th:
- @ 12:30pm BAGEL BRUNCH (last of the term) at the Roth Center
If you would like to go to Hebrew Lunch, blitz Ittai Eres
We will have our last bagel brunch of the year this Sunday at 12:30 at the Roth Center! Come enjoy some great company and delicious bagels, lox, multiple types of cream cheese and more!
Sign-ups for Cooking for Friday Night Dinners at Hillel
Know how to cook? Can’t even butter a piece of bread? Somewhere in-between? If you said yes to any of those questions, then you should sign up to help below. Cooking at Hillel is always a lot of fun, and Nick is looking to make the food even more tasty and delicious. So, if you want a fun way to spend your Friday afternoons (really, what better do you have to do at the time??), then sign up with your friends for a Friday afternoon cooking slot. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AptIw-_Qjb4odG5qTWw1OUhxYkVENFg2M1VUdHNzWnc
Hillel’s Events on the Horizon
Hillel is planning a few big events for the end of the term. Hillel is hosting a Jews on Canoes event to celebrate Lag B’Omer, but it will not be celebrated on the actual date of Lag B’Omer. It will be celebrated on Thursday May 24!
Of the week….
JEWs and GOYs OF THE WEEK
Everyone who helped out at or participated in the Powwow this past weekend deserves a piece of the “person of the week” title. A powwow is a pan-tribal gathering of Native Americans people to celebrate our rich heritage, a chance to socialize with old friends and meet new friends, and educate and expose non-Indigenous people to traditions, dances, and customs. The Dartmouth Powwow was a huge success and had a great turnout! Thank you to NAD and everyone else who organized the event!
JOKE OF THE WEEK:
No joke, this site is plain adorable. Cute cats galore! http://happykitty-lazykitty.tumblr.com/
This is Rachel Funk, blitz me with any comments, questions, or concerns. Green Key this Weekend!