Dartmouth College Health Service
5-7 Rope Ferry Road, HB 6143
Hanover, NH 03755
What Is Secure Messaging?
Dick's House has installed an e-mail application called Secure Messaging to provide secure access to patient information and improve communication between our patients and their clinicians.
Why Use Secure Messaging?
The secure messaging feature encrypts data to and from the patient, which protects information about confidential health care.
How Does It Work?
To access secure messages, please follow these steps:
- When you receive a blitz message from Dick's House. The message reads:
"You have received a secure message from Dick's House. To view this message sign onto your Banner page and click on the "Health Services On-Line" link. There you will find access to your messages. This message may contain confidential health information."
- Log onto your Banner Page.
- Near the bottom of your Banner page, you will notice a link, "Health Service On-Line"
- Depress the CTRL key while clicking on the "Health Services On- Line" link. (Pressing the CTRL key will eliminate problems with pop-up blockers.)
- The home page for Dick's House On-Line Services will appear.
- On the left side of the page, you will notice several links, click on the Messages link.
- The Secure Message inbox displays the sender's name, date, time, and subject.
- Click on the "Read It" button to read your message.
- Click on the "Reply" button to respond to the Secure Message, then click "Send" & "Proceed".
- The Secure Message in box will return to your screen.
You are encouraged to check your Banner page often in the event that the notification system is down.
If you have questions about Secure Messaging, call 603/646-9400.