Skip to main content

First Aid for Work Related Injuries

The Workers’ Compensation Program at Dartmouth College sponsors first aid treatment at Dick’s House for faculty and staff with work-related injuries. Not all injuries which occur on campus are considered work-related. An injury must occur “in the course and scope of an individual’s employment” to be considered for eligibility of this program. Eligibility is determined by the Office of Risk and Internal Control Services and our Workers’ Compensation Adjuster with our Self Administered Insurance Program.

If you have a work-related injury that requires treatment at our First Aid Clinic, please call the Health Service Appointment Office at (603/646-9401). On-Campus transportation to Dick’s House is available from Safety & Security (603/646-4000).

Any work-related injuries should be reported immediately to the injured person’s supervisor. An Employee Injury Report and a Supervisor’s Accident Investigation Report are required to be completed and submitted to the Office of Risk and Internal Control Services and the Workers’ Compensation Adjuster within 24 hours. For more information, please go the website for Risk and Internal Control Services and link to Claims and Incident Reporting/Employee Injury Report. You may also contact Risk and Internal Control Services for work related injuries directly at (603/646-9374).

Last Updated: 11/8/10