Annual auditions are held in August for community singers and at the beginning of fall term each September for students. Auditions may also be held by appointment with the director at other times
of the year. Auditions are required for both new and returning singers.
To schedule an audition for the upcoming year, contact the Hopkins Center
Phone: (603) 646-2530
(adapted from the August 2003 Teaching Music)
- Be well rested
- Dress appropriately
- Arrive early and warm up (there are practice rooms available in the Hopkins
- Be confident, but not arrogant
- Accept constructive criticism
- Continue to sing even if you make mistakes
- Be professional and courteous
- Use good posture
- Concentrate and don't rush through the audition
- Don't make excuses for something that doesn't go well
- Enjoy yourself!