IRA Rollover—Act Now

Rollover Your IRA to Dartmouth—Tax Free

As you may have heard, President Obama recently signed the Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014 into law. One of the provisions of the law extended the Charitable IRA Rollover for 2014.

If you are 70.5 years or older, you can now make a tax-free distribution from your IRA to Dartmouth (including the professional schools). Any qualified contribution up to $100,000 counts toward your required minimum distribution.

Transfers must be made on or before December 31, 2014.

Contributions must be made directly from your IRA. We are happy to work with your plan administrator to arrange a distribution of any amount up to $100,000.


  1. Call the IRA custodian (Fidelity, Vanguard, Schwab, etc.) holding your IRA. Ask the representative to cut a check for the amount you choose, up to $100,000, made out to "Trustees of Dartmouth College."

    Mail the check to:

    Office of Gift Recording
    Dartmouth College
    6066 Development Office
    Hanover, NH 03755-4400

  2. Call Kathleen Martin at 603-646-1298 or e-mail her at Let her know:

    • your name and class year
    • the amount of your check
    • the name of the IRA custodian (Fidelity, etc.)
    • if the gift is an unrestricted gift through the Dartmouth College Fund, an restricted gift (if restricted, please describe the details), or a combination of the two
    • when the check is due to arrive at Dartmouth

    Kathleen will help make sure that, upon its arrival, the check is applied as you wish.

Dartmouth contact person regarding IRA Charitable Rollover Donations

Kathleen Martin
Associate Director of Information Resources/Recording Secretary
Dartmouth College
6066 Development Office
Hanover, NH 03755-4400

Phone: 603-646-1298
Fax: 603-646-3340

To learn more, contact the Dartmouth Gift Planning Office at Gift.Planning@Dartmouth.eduor 800-451-4067