Brent A. Strathman
Visiting Assistant Professor
B.A., M.A., University of Kansas
Ph.D., Ohio State University
Recent Publications and Presentations
- "Source Effects in Political Decision Making: An Addendum to Prospect Theory." American Political Science Association, Washington, D.C., September 2005; Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago, IL, April 2005.
- Chair, Panel Discussion: "Diversionary Theory and Foreign Policy Behavior, Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago, IL, April 2005.
- "Threat Inflation, Existential Threat, & Domestic Mobilization for War," Midwest Political Science Association, Chicago, IL, April 2005.
- "Political Psychology and the Study of Foreign Policy Decision Making," with D.A. Sylvan, in The State of Research in Political Psychology at the Dawn of a New Century,, edited by Linda O. Valenty, Oplanden, Germany: Leske and Budrich, 2004.
- "The Strategic Use of Information in Crises: The Impact of Advisors on War & Peace," American Political Science Association, Chicago, IL, September 2004.
- "The Art of Political Advising and Crisis Decision-Making," Midwest Political Science Association, April 2004.
- "Winning the Leader's Ear: The Advisory Process, International Studies Association Midwest, St. Louis, MO, October 2003.
- International Security
- Foreign political analysis and decision making
- Political psychology
- American foreign policy