Professor of Government
Go to: Prof. Herron's webpage
B.S. Mathematics and Economics, Carnegie Mellon University
M.A. Political Science, University of Dayton
M.S. Statistics, Stanford University
Ph.D. Business, Stanford University
- "Voting Technology and the 2008 New Hampshire Primary," with Walter R. Mebane, Jr., and Jonathan N. Wand, William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal 17(2): 351-374, 2008.
- "Ballot Formats, Touchscreens, and Undervotes: A Study of the 2006 Midterm Elections in Florida," with Laurin Frisina, James Honaker, and Jeffrey B. Lewis, Election Law Journal 7(1): 25-47, 2008.
- "Term Limits and Pork," with Kenneth W. Shotts, Legislative Studies Quarterly, forthcoming, August 2006.
- "Ohio 2004 Election: Turnout, Residual Votes and Votes in Precincts and Wards," with Walter R. Mebane, Jr., in "Democracy at Risk: The 2004 Election in Ohio," report published by the Democratic National Committee, 2005.
- "Black Candidates and Black Voters: Assessing the Impact of Candidate Race on Uncounted Vote Rates," with Jasjeet S. Sekhon, Journal of Politics, 67(1): 154-177, February 2005.
- Ballot abnormalities and residual votes
- Government redistribution
- Ecological inference
- Statistical Methods