Skip to main content

Admin and Provost Finance Center

Blunt Alumni Center, Garden Level

Hinman Box: 6126 / 6043

Phone(s): (603) 646-1310 / 0200

Fax: (603) 646-1775


BER Submission Email:


Arts and Sciences Finance Center

Wentworth Building, Suite 308

Hinman Box: 6050

Phone: (603) 646-2028

Fax: (603) 646-3488



Geisel School of Medicine Finance Center

1 Rope Ferry, Garden Level

Hinman Box: 7052

Phone: (603) 650-1238



Tuck/Thayer Finance Center

111 Cummings Hall

Phone: (603) 646-3552

Fax: (603) 646-0586

13 Tuck Hall

Phone: (603) 646-0772




Payroll Authorizations and Wage Transfers

Payroll Authorizations (PAs)

PAs are used to establish a new employee, make changes to the information of an existing employee, or end employment of an existing employee.


  • Payroll authorizations can be created in the finance center at the request of the department (click for Level A and Level B department instructions).


  • A link to the Smart PA form and instructions is found here (authorized users only).


  • Payroll policies are found here.

Wage Transfers (formerly LADCs)

  • Future-dated wage transfers are used to transact future changes to labor accounts.
  • Wage transfers are used to transact retroactive changes to labor charges. 

Wage transfers can be sent directly to the Geisel Finance Center if there are no grant accounts used. They no longer need to go to the Geisel Fiscal Office first. If there are grant accounts used, the Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) needs to do an initial review. Once OSP has approved, they will forward the form to the Geisel Finance Center.


  • Click for information on the procedure for future-dated wage transfers for Level A and Level B departments.
  • Click for information on the procedure for retroactive wage transfers for Level A and Level B departments.


  • The wage transfer form is found on the Payroll website here.


  • Payroll policies are found here.

Last Updated: 6/10/13