Dartmouth College uses the College Board's Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC). Through this service, the College Board collects families' federal tax returns and other documents on our behalf and shares the information with us electronically.
- In early February, your family will receive information from the College Board to guide you through the IDOC process.
- All documents sent to the College Board must be accompanied by your personalized IDOC Cover Sheet. Documents required by Dartmouth College should be submitted through the IDOC process.
All documents are due by April 1, 2014.
- It is necessary to submit only one complete packet (one set of required documents) to IDOC.
- 2014-2015 Renewal Financial Aid Application (U.S. or Permanent Citizens Only)
- Signed copy of Parents' 2013 Federal Income Tax Return, including all schedules, W-2 forms. Please do not send any tax documents directly to the Financial Aid Office unless specifically asked to do so.
- 2014-2015 Business/Farm Supplement and corresponding 2013 Corporate or Partnership federal tax returns complete with schedules.
- Estate and Trust Information (if you, your parents, or siblings are beneficiaries of an estate or trust, submit a copy of the appropriate Schedule K-1 of Form 1041 or Form 4970.)
- If your parents are divorced or separated, please provide your noncustodial parent with a copy of your cover sheet to submit his/her tax documents to IDOC.
Additional information that may be submitted to the College Board:
- Letter of Special Circumstances- If the information you are required to submit does not accurately reflect your family's financial situation, or if you believe a particular circumstance should receive special attention, we suggest you write a separate letter and enclose it with the documents that you submit to the College Board's IDOC Service.
If you have questions about completing the IDOC process, please use the College Board Online Help Desk or call the College Board Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. Eastern time at 305-829-9793.
Return to Renewal Applicant List of Requirements