Internships and Research Opportunities at the Dartmouth Organic Farm
Funds are available to support student interns and independent research at the Organic Farm. Interns assist in farm operations, planning and research. Research for independent study credit can be arranged with faculty sponsors.
Examples of projects that are of interest include:
- Seed collection and preservation, especially heirloom varieties.
- Research on African agriculture and design of an Africa field demonstration plot.
- Research on other student farm programs and help with establishing a regional network.
- Alternative energy systems for the farmhouse and the site.
- Aquaculture systems as part of sustainable agriculture.
- Greenhouse plant pest management using biocontrol.
How are students supported at the Farm?
- Paid interns typically work 8-10 hrs/week.
- Leave-term internships are funded by the Tucker Foundation.
- Funds are available for materials in direct support of student-initiated projects.
The next step?
- Contact Scott Stokoe, Organic Farm Manager, by blitz or phone (643-5196) for information or to apply.
The Tucker Foundation, and the Mellon Grant to Outdoor Programs support this initiative.