On-line Information & Resources
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC): AspiringDocs.org
- The AAMC represents all 125 accredited medical schools that grant the M.D. degree and more than 400 major teaching hospitals in the United States. They also administer the MCAT® exam and manage the application process for medical school. The AAMC is strongly committed to changing the face of medicine to address the needs of diverse communities.
- Web Guide to Research for Undergraduates
- A web-based tool intended to assist undergraduates as they navigate the hurdles of undergraduate research experiences in the sciences.
- Pathways to Science: Institute for Broadening Participation
- A web-based resource of opportunities for undergraduates (including summer research opportunities) and graduate students.
- A database used by Dartmouth's Student Employment Office that lists current on-campus and local off-campus positions (science-related jobs are generally listed in the categories of "health care" or "research").
- An award-winning nonprofit e-mentoring network aimed at increasing retention and success of students in the sciences, engineering and math. The program is particularly but not exclusively designed for those in groups traditionally underrepresented in these disciplines.
- The program is committed to increasing the number of minorities entering science careers and to celebrating contributions to science by minority scientists.
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science
- The goal of SACNAS is to encourage Chicano/Latino and Native American students to pursue graduate education and obtain the advanced degrees necessary for science research, leadership, and teaching careers at all levels.
Last Updated: 7/31/12