- January 2013: Halophile population analysis appeared in the Extremophiles journal.
- November 2012: Book review of of "Secret Chambers: The Inside Story of Cells and Complex Life" by Martin Brasier (Oxford University Press) is published in BioScience.
- September 2012: Olga Zhaxybayeva became Adjunct Assistant Professor of Computer Science.
- September 2012: The article on Mesotoga continues to be listed among 50 most-read GBE articles.
- September 2012: Our lab became a member of the Institute for Quantitative Biomedical Sciences (iQBS).
- August 2012: The article on Mesotoga was listed among 50 most-read GBE articles in the month of July.
- July 2012: Article describing the genome of the first mesophilic Thermotogales bacterium is accepted to the Genome Biology and Evolution journal.
- July 2012: A review on Gene Transfer Agents has been published in Nature Reviews Microbiology.
- The lab is officially open as of July 1, 2012.