This project is dedicated to my parents,
who sacrificed more than anyone else in order
to allow me to engage in this particular course of study.
- John Hawkins, Director of Academic Information Resources
- John agreed to fund my project and gave me lots of neat toys to play with. If not
for him, I wouldn't have been able to go ahead with this project. He even put up with
my musical selections and sporadic schedule. Thanks as well to Malcolm Brown,
John's boss, who let John hire me.
- Phil Cronenwett, Director of Baker Special Collections
- Dr. Cronenwett was my primary advisor on this project. His knowledge of the contents
of Special Collections is incredible and proved to be an invaluable resource in
carrying out this project. He also gave me full access to the collections and accomodated
my unique needs in reproducing this material. If not for his help and cooperation, I would
have been totally lost. Many thanks also for being patient with my multiple frantic
BlitzMail messages. I would also ask Dr. Cronenwett to communicate my most sincere
thanks to the staff of Special Collections, who were unbelievably kind and patient with me.
- Professor Shewmaker, History Department
- Thanks to Professor Shewmaker for inspiring my interest in this subject matter in History
1 and History 24. Many thanks also for spending so many of his office hours with me and
giving me useful advice throughout the course of the term.
- Kellen Haak and Kathleen O'Malley, Office of the Registrar of the Hood Museum
- Many thanks for accomodating my requests for images. They really add to the project
and illustrate the potential of the World Wide Web. Thanks also for the black and
white prints which were made for no other reason other than that I thought they might
be nice to include in the project. This was very gracious and much appreciated.
- Professor Gene Garthwaite, Chair of the History Department
- Thanks to Professor Garthwaite for being patient with my administrative
contortions and for agreeing to grade my project.
- Andy Williams, Computing Services
- Andy has given me tons of help and advice with HTML and in using software, particularly
Adobe Photoshop. Andy is truly the guru.
- Thomas Bickell, the Registrar's Office
- Thanks to the Registrar's Office for allowing my work to be evaluated via a grade.
- Work on this project was done using a Power Macintosh 8100/80AV and a Macintosh
- HTML source code was written using various versions of BBEdit and its HTML
- Flatbed scanning was accomplished using an Apple ColorOne Scanner and the program Ofoto.
- Color slides were scanned in with a Nikon Slide Scanner
- Graphics work was done using Adobe Photoshop 3.0 and GIFConverter
- File Transferring was done using Fetch 2.1.2
- The account this material is located at was managed using DarTerminal
Return to Daniel Webster Index