The Equestrian Team finished the Fall '15 season in 3rd place in the IHSA Zone I, Region 2 standings. With one more regular season competiton in March, the team hopes to finish the year as Team Reserve Champions.
Team highlights included:
- Dartmouth Equestrian finished as Champion Team at the Middlebury and Colby Sawyer competitions
- Twelve Big Green Equestrian athletes have qualified for the 2016 Regional Championships, a record for Dartmouth Equestrian. Qualified athletes include Olivia Champ, Morgan Finegan, Meaghan Haugh, Cristiana Salvatori, David Cordero, Katie Bates, Elle MacAlpine, Lindsay Seewald, Staci Mannella, Sarah Cohen, Claire Bick and Catherine Conway.
- Meaghan Haugh, '17, was the 2015 Zone I, Region 2 Novice Fences Champion, the 2015 Zone I Novice Fences Reserve Champion and place 7th in the country at the 2015 IHSA National Championships
- Alexa Dixon, '15, was the Zone I, Region 2 Open Flat Champion and placed 5th at the 2015 Zone I Championships
- Kate Mahoney, '15, was the Zone I, Region 2 Open Fences Reserve Champion and placed 8th at the 2015 Zone I Championships
- Alexa Dixon and Meaghan Haugh were both awarded Equestrian All Ivy Honors
- At the Dartmouth Equestrian Team year-end banquet, the following awards were presented: MVP: Alexa Dixon and Meaghan Haugh; Coach Award: David Cordero; Most Improved: Elle Macalpine; Rookie of the Year: Cristiana Salvatori
Equestrian Team & Dressage Club at Dartmouth Riding Center
- Please check the Calendar at www.dartmouth.edu/~drc/ for more information on team competition schedule, etc.
- The Varsity Dartmouth Equestrian Team had a successful '14-'15 season and finished the year with team rider Meaghan Haugh, '17, competing at Nationals May 1-3rd in West Springfield, MA. In addition, Anna Knowles, '16 and Nathalie Ferneau, '18 represented Dartmouth and Zone I in the McDonald Scholarship Challenge at Nationals in a horse knowledge practicum, with Anna finishing as the 2015 National Champion and Nathalie as the 2015 Reserve National Champion.
- Dartmouth Dressage Club: The Dartmouth Dressage Club rides in weekly lessons with Lindle Lawton Sutton.
- The Office of Campus Services is responsible for the operation of the Dartmouth Riding Center. The facility serves as a home for the Dartmouth Equestrian Team, operating under Dartmouth Athletics, and the Dartmouth Dressage Club, operating under Dartmouth Club Sports.