The Equestrian Team finished the '15-'16 season in 3rd place in the IHSA Zone I, Region 2 standings.
Team highlights included:
- Dartmouth Equestrian brought home the Ivy Championship title for the fifth time, at home on 4/23/16.
- Dartmouth Equestrian finished as Champion Team at the Middlebury and Colby Sawyer competitions.
- Olivia Champ, '19, was Reserve Champion in the Zone I, Region 2 Cacchione Cup standings and won the Challenge Cup at Regionals.
- Cristiana Salvatori, '17, was the Dartmouth Athletics Woman Athlete of the week for her performance at the 2016 Ivy Championships.
- Twelve Big Green Equestrian athletes qualified for the 2016 Regional Championships, a record for Dartmouth Equestrian. Qualified athletes included Olivia Champ, Morgan Finegan, Meaghan Haugh, Cristiana Salvatori, David Cordero, Katie Bates, Elle MacAlpine, Lindsay Seewald, Staci Mannella, Sarah Cohen, Claire Bick and Catherine Conway.
- Catherine Conway, '17, was the 2016 Zone I, Region 2 Novice Fences Reserve Champion, the 2016 Zone I Novice Fences Reserve Champion and competed in the 2016 IHSA National Championships
- Lindsay Seewald, was the Zone I, Region 2 Intermediate Flat Reserve Champion and the 2016 Zone I Intermediate Flat Reserve Champion and finished 3rd in the country at the 2016 IHSA National Championships in Intermediate Flat. She was also the Zone I, Region 2 Intermediate Fences Champion and finished 8th at Zones.
- David Cordero, '16, was the 2016 Zone I, Region 2 Walk-Trot Champion, and finished 5th at the Zone Championships.
- Cristiana Salvatori, '17, was the 2016 Zone I, Region 2 Walk-Trot-Canter Reserve Champion, and finished 7th at the Zone Championships.
- Olivia Champ, '19, was the 2016 Zone I, Region 2 Open Flat Reserve Champion, and finished 3rd at the Zone Championships. Olivia also was the Zone I, Region 2 Open Fences Champion, and finished 5th at the Zone Championships.
- Olivia Champ, Lindsay Seewald, Catherine Conway and Cristiana Salvatori were awarded Equestrian All Ivy Honors
- At the Dartmouth Equestrian Team year-end banquet, the following awards were presented: MVP: Cristiana Salvatori; Coach Award: Elle MacAlpine and Sophie King; Most Improved: Sophie King; Rookie of the Year: Olivia Champ
Equestrian Team & Dressage Club at Dartmouth Riding Center
- Please check the Calendar at www.dartmouth.edu/~drc/ for more information on team competition schedule, etc.
- The Varsity Dartmouth Equestrian Team had a successful '15-'16 season and finished the year with team riders Catherine Conway, '17, and Lindsay Seewald, '16, competing at Nationals May 5-8th in Lexington, KY, with Seewald taking home 3rd place in Intermediate Flat. In addition, Anna Knowles, '16 and Erin McCarthy-Keeler, '19 represented Dartmouth and Zone I in the McDonald Scholarship Challenge at Nationals in a horse knowledge practicum, with Anna finishing for the second year in a row as the 2016 National Champion and Erin finishing in 7th place.
- Dartmouth Dressage Club: The Dartmouth Dressage Club rides in weekly lessons with Lindle Lawton Sutton.
- The Office of Campus Services is responsible for the operation of the Dartmouth Riding Center. The facility serves as a home for the Dartmouth Equestrian Team, operating under Dartmouth Athletics, and the Dartmouth Dressage Club, operating under Dartmouth Club Sports.