Program Officer for National Service at Tucker Foundation
SUPPORT FROM THE TUCKER FOUNDATION
appointed Program Officer for National Service at Tucker Foundation (July 2007)
- Provides leadership to the DPCS Internship Program and the domestic Service
and Education Trips.
- Recently developed a new Hurricane Katrina relief collaboration with Hands On
Gulf Coast in Biloxi MS, resulting in the Gulf Coast Internship Program.
- Works with colleagues across the Dartmouth campus to plan and implement
the annual Dartmouth Collaborative Student Leadership Retreat.
- Tucker Foundation
- Came in 2003 with a background in education, religion, and outdoor leadership.
- Spent first four years serving as the Volunteer Programs Advisor in Dartmouth Community Service: advised local community service outreach projects, provided technical support in the areas of education and mentoring, developed student leadership training curricula and maintained relationships with various agencies and schools in the Upper Valley.
- Prior to Dartmouth, worked as the Assistant Coordinator of the Center for Public Interest Careers (CPIC) at Harvard College, working with college administrators, alumni and community partners across the nation to create meaningful and educative summer and full year non-profit internships for Harvard undergraduates.
- Completed her Masters in Divinity at Harvard Divinity School in 2003 with a concentration in religion and society.
- Completed a year of service as an AmeriCorps member with the Student Conservation Association, teaching environmental education at a K-6 elementary school in Massachusetts and worked on a number of conservation projects on public lands across the state.
- Also worked as an environmental educator, a trail crew leader in National Parks across the country, and a hiking guide in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
- Currently pursuing a Doctorate in Education at the University of Vermont. Research interests include diversity in higher education, religious diversity and student leadership development.
- Serves on the board of The Service Politics Institute, a Vermont non-profit organiza-tion in which builds a bridge for Vermont youth between community service and political action.
- Born and raised in Deerfield, New Hampshire. Currently lives in Woodstock, VT with husband Rick and dog Fenway.
- They love cooking, hiking through the hills of VT and NH, watching the Red Sox and renovating their 1860 home.
- B.A. from Boston College (’97) with a double major in theology and elementary/intense special needs education.