Arts & Sciences Awards & Recognitions 2012-13
Endowed Chair Appointments
- Ada Cohen has been appointed to the Israel Evans Professorship in Oratory and Belles
- Lynn Higgins has been appointed to the Edward Tuck Professorship of the French Language and Literature.
- Yusaku Horicuhi has been is the Inaugural Holder of the Mitsui Professorship in the Study of Japan.
- Douglas Irwin has been appointed to the John Sloan Dickey Third Century Professorship in the Social Sciences.
- F. Jon Kull is the Inaugural Holder of the Rodgers Professorship at Dartmouth College.
- Michael Mastanduno has been re-appointed to the Nelson A. Rockefeller Professorship in Government.
- Carl Pomerance has been appointed to the John G. Kemeny Parents Professorship in Mathematics.
- Daniel Rockmore has been appointed to the William H. Neukom 1964 Distinguished Professorship in Computational Science.
- Barrett Rogers has been appointed to the Pat and John Rosenwald Professorship.
- Jonathan Skinner has been appointed to the James O. Freedman Presidential Professorship.
- Silvia Spitta has been appointed to the Robert E. Maxwell 1923 Professorship in Arts and Sciences.
- Steven Venti has been reappointed to the Dewalt H. 1921 & Marie H. Ankeny Professorship in Economic Policy.
- Wen Xing has been appointed to the Robert 1932 and Barbara Black Professorship.
2012 Faculty Awards
To learn more about the faculty award recipients below, please visit: "Ten Faculty Honored for Teaching and Scholarship."
- Marc D. Dixon received the John M. Manley Huntington Award for Newly Tenured Faculty.
- Nathaniel J. Dominy received the Karen E. Wetterhahn Award for Distinguished Creative or Scholarly Work.
- M. Cecilia Gaposchkin received the Dean of the Faculty Award for Outstanding Mentoring and Advising.
- Amy S. Gladfelter received the Karen E. Wetterhahn Award for Distinguished Creative or Scholarly Work.
- Vicki V. May received the Jerome Goldstein Award for Distinguished Teaching.
- Kevin J. Peterson received the John M. Manley Huntington Award for Newly Promoted Faculty.
- Elizabeth Polli received the Dean of the Faculty Teaching Award for Visiting and Adjunct Faculty.
- Jeremy B. Rutter received the Elizabeth Howland Hand - Otis Norton Pierce Award.
- Melanie Benson Taylor received the John M. Manley Huntington Award for Newly Tenured Faculty.
- Richard F. Winters received the Robert A. Fish 1918 Memorial Prize.
2012 Arts & Sciences Faculty Emeriti
- Katharine Conley, the Edward Tuck Professor Emerita of French and Comparative Literature and the former Associate
Dean for the Arts and Humanities
- Vivian Kogan, Associate Professor Emerita of French
- James M. Jordan, Professor Emeritus of Art History
- Richard Ned Lebow, the James O. Freedman Presidential Professor Emeritus of Government
- Ulrike Rainer, Associate Professor Emerita of German
- Jeremy B. Rutter, the Sherman Fairchild Professor Emeritus in the Humanities and a Professor of Classics
- Richard F. Winters, the William Clinton Story Remsen Class of 1943 Professor Emeritus in Government