Arts & Sciences Awards & Recognitions 2012-13
2013 Endowed Chair Appointments
- Randall Balmer has been appointed to the Mandel Family Professorship in the Arts & Sciences.
- Michael Herron has been appointed to the William Clinton Story Remsen 1943 Professorship in Government.
- New faculty member Glenn Micalizio has been appointed to the New Hampshire Professorship in Chemistry..
2013 Faculty Awards
- Sonu Bedi received the John M. Manley Huntington Award for Newly Tenured Faculty.
- Susan Brison received the Dean of the Faculty Award for Outstanding Mentoring and Advising.
- David Bucci received the John M. Manley Huntington Award for Newly Tenured Faculty.
- Soyica Diggs Colbert received the Karen E. Wetterhahn Award for Distinguished Creative or Scholarly Achievment.
- Sergi Elizalde received the Karen E. Wetterhahn Award for Distinguished Creative or Scholarly Achievment.
- Mary Jean Green received the Robert A. Fish 1918 Memorial Prize.
- David Lagomarsino received the Jerome Goldstein Award for Distinguished Teaching.
- Adina Roskies received the John M. Manley Huntington Award for Newly Promoted Faculty.
- Barry Scherr received the Elizabeth Howland Hand - Otis Norton Pierce Award.
- Catherine Welder received the Dean of the Faculty Teaching Award for Visiting and Adjunct Faculty.
2013 Arts & Sciences Faculty Emeriti
- Mary Jean Green, Professor of French
- Larry Polansky, the Jacob H. Strauss 1922 Professor of Music Emeritus
- Barry Scherr, the Mandel Family Professor of Russian Emeritus
- Martin Arkowitz,Professor of Mathematics
- James Aronson, Professor of Earth Sciences
- Gary Johnson, Professor of Earth Sciences
- Heide Whelan, Professor of History
- George Wolford, Professor of Psychological and Brain Sciences