Rules and Regulations
1. Meal plans may not be transferred, loaned to a friend, or otherwise misused. The first offense will result in a fine of $50, administered by Dining Services.
2. China and silverware may not be removed from any dining facility.
3. Throwing of food or other objects in the dining facilities is prohibited.
4. With the exception of service animals, no animals are allowed in any of the dining halls.
5. Shoes and shirts must be worn by all guests.
6. Diners are to bus their trays, dishes and silverware to designated areas.
NOTE: Violation of these rules and regulations may subject a student or organization to disciplinary action by Dining Services. Serious or repeated violations may also result in other College disciplinary action.
Student Dining Plan Requirements
Any enrolled or leave term student residing in housing coordinated by the Undergraduate Housing Office (which includes all undergraduate residence halls and apartments, affinity/special interest programs, and College or privately owned GLO and undergraduate society facilities) must participate in a College dining plan at a level no smaller than the "SmartChoice5" or "BlockChoice45" plans (or their equivalent).
Any enrolled students who are not residing in housing coordinated by the Undergraduate Housing Office must participate in a College dining plan at a level no smaller than the "SmartChoiceOC" plan (or its equivalent), unless that student is participating in a semester off-campus program.
First-year students must participate in either the "SmartChoice20" or the "BlockChoice180" dining plan (or their equivalent) during their first semester at Dartmouth. After their first semester, first-year students are subject to the same dining plan requirements as upper-class students.
Taking Food "To Go" From '53 Commons
Students who wish to take food "to go" from '53 Commons must follow and subject themselves to the "To Go Policy for '53 Commons" published on Dartmouth Dining Services' website. This policy can be viewed online at the following link:
Last Updated: 8/31/12