Posted here is a selection of works created or recommended by Dartmouth alumni/ae.
Articles, Papers, and Presentations
- "Dr. Bob Smith as a founder of Alcoholics Anonymous," Dartmouth Alumni Magazine - Special Issue, April 1994. (32K PDF file)
- "Drug Addiction in America: Challenges and Opportunities" by C. Everett Koop, May 1, 2003
- The C. Everett Koop papers
- Christopher S. Wren
- "Clinton Declares that Colombia Has Failed to Curb Drugs," The New York Times, March 2, 1996
- "Road to Riches Starts In the Golden Triangle: Burmese Drug Baron Turns Businessman," The New York Times, May 11, 1998
- "A Burmese Tangle Over Opium Trade; Where Opium Reigned, Burmese Claim Inroads," The New York Times, April 19, 1998
- "Dealing in Reality: A Film’s Depiction of Drugs: ‘Traffic’ Captures Much of Their Desperate World, People from the Battle Front Say," Cowan and Wren, The New York Times, January 18, 2001.
- A chapter by Nicole Adams: "My Grandmother and the Snake" from First Person, First Peoples: Native American College Graduates Tell Their Life Stories, edited by Andrew Garrod and Colleen Larimore. © Copyright 1997 by Cornell University. Used by permission of the author, editors and publisher, Cornell University Press. (2.63MB PDF file)
- 1997 Convocation Speech at Dartmouth College by Louise Erdrich (Class of 1976)
- Clinician's Guide to Cocaine Addiction: Theory, Research and Treatment by Thomas R. Kosten and Herbert Kleber '56.
- The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Substance Abuse Treatment, by Marc Galanter and Herbert Kleber '56.
- False Messengers: How Addictive Drugs Change the Brain by Herbert Kleber '56, David P. Friedman, Sue Rusche.
Stories recommended by Dartmouth alumni/ae
- "A Whole New Life", by Cindy P. The Al-Anon Forum, December 2005. (29.0K DOC file); posted with permission
- "An Honest Look", by anonymous. The Al-Anon Forum, December 2005. (28.0K DOC file); posted with permission