DATS is pleased to offer an evening of great dancing every Monday evening throughout the term for all levels!
Who? Anyone interested in Argentine tango
Where? Cummings Great Hall, Thayer School of Engineering. Maps of the Dartmouth College Campus are available here.
Do I need a Partner? No, just bring yourself.
- 8:00-9:00 PM Intro. to Tango with Marisa (6-week series, Starts June 25)
- 9:00 - 11:00 PM Pracica
- Intro to Tango: Starting June 25, Marisa will lead a 6-week series aimed at beginners and advanced beginners. The cost is as follows:
- Day: Mondays, June 25 - July 30
- Time: 8-9PM
- Price: $8 per class or $40 for the series (i.e., buy 5 get one free)
- Description: In this six-week beginner series we will cover the fundamental tango toolkit, including partner connection & embrace, basic tango walk, rocking steps, the basic 8-count figure including the cross, ocho cortado, ochos, and finally paradas. We will play with improvisational combination of these tools and musicality throughout the series.
- Tango with Marta & Armin: August 6, 13 & 20 Marta and Armin will offer tango classes.
- Day: Mondays, August 6-20
- Time: 8-9PM
- Price: $8 per class
- Description: August 6 "Tango Walk: Dynamic & Sexy"; August 13 "Barridas"; August 20 "Ochos & Turns"
Contact: e-mail dats AT dartmouth DOT edu