Category Archive Community and Diversity

Winter Carnival

This past weekend was Winter Carnival, one of Dartmouth’s better known traditions. Winter Carnival is the Winter Term Big Weekend, the same way that Homecoming is Fall Term’s Big Weekend. There is nothing like a 3-day weekend halfway through the…

Continue Reading…

Winter Carnival

Hello Prospies! I’m Stefan Deutsch, a ’14 engineering major from Essex Junction, Vermont, and I’ll be one of your Dartmouth Direct student bloggers this year! This past weekend was one of Dartmouth most legendary traditions, Winter Carnival.  Carnival started as…

Continue Reading…

Week 5!

Hey all, So I can not believe it has been a month and a half that I have been here- they flew by too quickly!   Dartmouth is beautiful as ever, with the leaves changing colors and the air getting…

Continue Reading…

First post!

As this is my first time posting on Dartmouth Direct, I feel that there is so much I can tell you already about this place. I moved in two weeks ago, went on a DOC trip to Vermont (Organic Farming),…

Continue Reading…

Faces of Dartmouth’s Latino/a Community

Christopher Norman ‘13 Hometown: San Francisco, California Academic Interests: Geography & Sociology majors Campus Involvements: Undergraduate Advisor , Rockefeller Leadership Fellow, Casque and Gauntlet Senior Society, Latino Ivy League Conference Head Delegate, First Year Student Enrichment Program (FYSEP) mentor, Former,…

Continue Reading…

Junior Fall

Compared to the summer term, when many of my extracurricular commitments were dormant for the quarter, there’s a frantic energy that arrives with the new faces and exhausting enthusiasm of the freshman class and the crispening air of autumn breezes.…

Continue Reading…