Last week I finished my midterms! I am glad to have my first college exams behind me! With ten week terms, the classes move quickly, but I have a lot of free time and the work is definitely manageable. I can’t believe that I only have four weeks left of fall term.
Here is a list of my favorite things about freshmen fall:
1. My floormates: Freshmen floors are really close and there was a lot of community programming in the first few weeks that allowed us to get to know each other really well. I get to live with a violist, track athlete, singer, rapper, digital artist, sailor, and many other cool people. I appreciate everyday how great my floor is!
2. Foco: The fresh bread and cookies at the Class of 1953 Commons Food Court (affectionately known as Foco) are amazing! I was expecting to miss home cooking a lot, but I really love the variety at Foco and the vegetarian food is delicious.
3. The Climbing Gym: I hadn’t really climbed before college but a few of my floormates are accomplished climbers and I tagged along with them to the gym.
4. Homecoming: Homecoming, and like many other events, are designed to make freshmen feel welcome at Dartmouth. It’s so awesome to see so many Dartmouth alums, profs, students, and staff come together around the bonfire.
5. Trips: The Trips orientation program provided me with such a great network coming into Dartmouth. I think I see at least one of my trippees around campus each day!
Until next time,