Winter 2011 issue
Volume 21, number 1
- 'It Changed My Life'
Students discover their passions—and paths—at Dartmouth. Edie Stuart ’11, Amanda Brown ’07, Mike Lewis ’11, Sarah Laeuchli ’11, and Bridget Alex ’08 tell their stories.
- MLK Celebration Connects Students with Social Justice Leaders, Legacy
Dartmouth’s month-long annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. celebration featured nearly 30 campus events.
- Dartmouth Conversations: Meet Trustees at Alumni Club Events Throughout 2011
Members of the Board will be speaking at alumni club events around the country.
- A Passion for Learning: Saryah Azmat '11
Biomedical engineering and engineering sciences double major Azmat is a Davis United World College Scholar who has made the most of Dartmouth's opportunities for undergraduate research.
- Pamela Crossley Maintains a Historical Perspective
Professor Crossley is a scholar of Chinese history who focuses on the Qing empire (1644–1911).
- Slovenian Swimmer is Making a Big Splash for the Big Green
Nejc Zupan ’14 is the Slovenian national men’s champion in distance freestyle and the best swimmer the Big Green has had in years.
- Vox the Vote: Balloting for Alumni-Nominated Trustees and Association of Alumni Executive Committee Members Opens March 9
Beginning March 9, Dartmouth alumni can cast ballots for two alumni-nominated trustees of the College. A total of 11 members of the Association of Alumni Executive Committee will also be chosen.
- Impermanent Art
Monks from the Namgyal Monastery and Institute of Buddhist Studies in Ithaca, N.Y., created a traditional sand mandala in the Hood Museum of Art.
- A Century of Winter Carnival: 1911-2011 (3.1 mb PDF file)
Celebrate 100 years of Winter Carnival with posters, photos, memories, and more.
Last Updated: 7/12/11